Have you ever come across a person who used to laugh their heart out whenever you met. Has that person gone silent of late or he or she does not smile openly? Is there a psychological reason behind this change or it is simply because they have some dental problem? If it is the second reason then they might be ashamed of their teeth. Often people’ teeth get discolored because of their food habits and lifestyle. The yellow stain on the teeth gradually takes its toll on the teeth. It gives one a very ugly appearance and needs to be cleaned at the earliest. Using over the counters teeth whitening products will only get you temporary results. It might not work at all also. That is why it is suggested to look for a dentist. You can search for a dentist near me online and comer across a good number of professional dentists offering teeth whitening services.
Why Does Teeth Stain
There are two ways in which teeth gets discolored. One is extrinsic discoloration and intrinsic discoloration.
- Extrinsic discoloration- Extrinsic discoloration happens when beverages certain food and smoking habits stains the teeth. Food like red wine, coffee, tea are responsible for staining the teeth. Whitening toothpastes can work in clearing the stain to a certain extent.
- Intrinsic discoloration- This happens within the tooth. The causes for the same can be because of childhood, illness, infection, aging or trauma.
Laser Teeth Whitening- An effective remedy
Laser teeth whitening is one of the innovative processes widely in practice now. It is a result-bearing cosmetic dental treatment that is perfect for treating tooth discolorations. Most of the experienced dentists nowadays advise on Zoom Whitening which is an in-office procedure. The procedure includes applying potent hydrogen peroxide gel to the teeth and then using an LED accelerator light to help the gel penetrate the enamel and dentin. As the gel penetrates it breaks the external stains and discoloration thereby lightening the teeth by nearly eight shades.
Zoom Whitening has been successful in bearing results that are effective and which shows. You can get flawlessly white, bright, and radiant teeth just in a single application. The process does not take much time to complete and merely takes an hour or so.
Who Can Opt for Laser Teeth Whitening
Though teeth whitening is being opted by a lot of people nowadays there are certain things to be taken into account before opting for the treatment. Following are the things to keep in mind:
- Those who are suffering from tooth sensitivity and allergies are not good candidates.
- Candidates who are more than 18 years of age are perfect patients.
- Those who are regular smokers or who have gum disease or have tooth decay or damaged enamel cannot go for teeth whitening.
- Those who have crowns or veneers and bridges can opt for teeth whitening as these are not affected by the process.
So, if you want to get back your beautiful smile then don’t think twice. Search for a dentist near me online and get an appointment. Opt for Laser teeth whitening and keep on smiling.